GENERAL CANDLE RULES:
- Prior to lighting, remove and discard packing.
- Keep burning candles within sight at all times: never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep burning candles away from flammable materials and out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/2 cm at all times
- If Smoking occurs, extinguish the flame, return the wick to 1/2 cm, remove trimmings and relight.
- Only burn candles in or on suitable holders and place them on heat and fire resistant surfaces.
- Do not place candles on or near other heat sources and never directly on furniture.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches or any combustible material. Keep the wick centred.
- Place your candle in an area from draughts to discourage dripping and smoking.
- Extinguish candles with care, as wax may splatter. A candle quencher or snuffer is recommended.
- Glass containers are fragile: handle with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when handling the lid and don't use jars that are cracked, chipped or scratched.
- Discontinue use when 1.5cm of wax remains, as glass may shatter. Do not refill jars with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar, as it may become hot. Handle carefully.
- Minimize the wax left on the sides by burning the candle until the wax pool reaches the edge of the jar ( this can take up to three hours ). It's normal for some wax to remain and the amount varies per colour, fragrance and burning environment.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
SCENTED TEA LIGHTS:
- Do not burn in an enclosed space like a potpourri pot. For this purpose use unscented 4-6 hour teal lights and be sure the burner is well-ventilated.
- If wick smokes or builds up carbon, extinguish flame and remove the carbon before relighting.
SAMPLERS® VOTIVE CANDLE:
TARTS® WAX POTPOURRI:
CLEANING JAR CANDLES:
CLEANING SPILLED WAX: